Friday, January 11, 2008

My acupuncturist put needles in my ear today



All I did was innocently ask her whether she was anything she could do to help me give up caffeine. Next thing I know she starts jabbing needles in my ear. When she'd stuck three in I asked her if it looked punk but I think she thought I said 'pink' with a really strong kiwi accent because she solemnly assured me it didn't.

I had only half-heartedly been thinking of giving up coffee but I'm kind of committed now. She sent me away with these little bead things taped to various parts of my upper ear. I'm supposed to press them once an hour and every time I feel the urge for coffee. Apparently, within a few days coffee will start tasting horrible to me. I wonder if she noticed the bad vibes I was sending out to her when she suggested that I drink a cup of ginseng and ginger tea each morning instead of an espresso because that would also have invigorating properties.

4 comments:

strong light said...

You crack me up!

cakefox said...

I've always thought you were very in touch with your 'inner punk'.

Kia kaha on the coffee thing, it's tough. (I failed....)

And yeah, I do have a smurf collection, and last year, when I went to Amsterdam, I found a GARGAMEL!

!!!!!

Kitsunegirl said...

oooooh.

Hey cakefox is your blog still running?

April's Place said...

Good luck with this Helen! You are so ambitious! I don't think i could give up coffee...keep us posted how it goes.