Saturday, January 26, 2008

Aftermath


Well, as you might imagine its been quite a difficult week. Saturday and Sunday were the hardest. On Sunday we went out to Lambton Quay to run some errands and I started freaking out because I couldn't handle being out in the world where everyone else was behaving like normal. I'm not very good at pretending to be ok when I'm not. The idea of going back to work was hard but I've found that because its been so busy it acts as a good distraction. Of course big doses of grieving and then avoiding grieving leave one rather drained at the end of the day.

I discovered that there are no real social mechanisms for acknowledging miscarriage and it often gets minimised. I've been told by people that its "a set-back" that "worse things could happen" and that I should be "glad that I can get pregnant" And believe me, I'm hugely relieved that I can get pregnant but I just lost a pregnancy that had the potential to be a child and I'm really sad right now. Of course I do have many awesome people in my life who have been lovely and I guess, due to the aforementioned lack of social mechanisms, its difficult for people to know what to say.

Anyway things are getting easier day by day and I have been indulging in some craft-therapy. I have been slowed down on the spinning front because one of the parts needed a hole drilled through it but have now made my first foray and there has also been some continuing sock action. Have a look.



No comments: