Saturday, April 25, 2009

I've turned into a women's magazine

You know how those women's magazines always announce pregnancies of celebrities by publishing a photo where a female celebrity has a tiny suggestion of a pot belly or perhaps an item of clothing that is slightly baggy or wrinkled around the midriff and they photoshop in a large arrow and add a caption that says BABY BUMP? Then at least 70% of the time it turns out that the celebrity was just slouching in a minorly unflattering way and is not actually with child.

I am now chanelling the women's magazines. If ever I meet a woman of child bearing age (or even one that is arguably borderline) who appears to have a belly of some kind I am transfixed by it and start wondering - is there a baby in there? It's getting so bad that I am having to bite my tounge to stop myself from asking some of them if they're pregnant.

No comments: