Thursday, June 26, 2008

Threatened miscarriage

Well, here I am again. I wish I had better news to tell all of you but so far its not looking good. I started bleeding this afternoon at about 4.30 and now I'm cramping pretty badly. For those of you who I hadn't caught up, I am/was about 5 weeks pregnant.

Technically about 50% of people who have threatened miscarriage go on to have a normal pregnancy so its still a possibility. But the fact I haven't had any nausea or fatigue symptoms along with my worsening cramps really doesn't give me a lot of hope its going to work out.

I'm having a scan tomorrow, but they tell me it will be too early to tell whether the pregnancy is viable, although it will be possible to see if its clearly not.

I can't tell you how difficult this is and how unfair it feels but I guess this is the luck of the draw in the world of fertility. And my hand isn't that bad compared to many.


4 comments:

Unknown said...

i have been thinking about you almost solidly for two weeks now. i don't have anything profound to say, but obviously xxxxxG

Kitsunegirl said...

Thanks Gabs. XXXXX right back at you.

Kitsunegirl said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Cushi said...

i'm thinking of you too kitsunegirl. i'm right here if you need anything. xxxxxx and oooooo