Monday, February 18, 2008

Maybe I'm allergic

I alway remembered Diana Galbaldon's heroine who was tragically parted from her husband for 20 years (mistakenly thinking he was dead). She finds evidence that perhaps he isn't dead after all and is telling a friend about how she is thinking of trying to find him. The friend asks to see her wedding ring and she takes it off and hands it over to him whereby he finds a line from a love poem written in latin inscribed on the inside. Now the hook in this story is the heroin didn't know about the inscription because from the moment the ring went on her finger she never took it off for 20 years.

I kind of wanted to be someone who took the ring off so seldom that it would get stuck on my finger. But such is not my life.

First of all I took the ring off when I had a shower because I didn't want it to get damaged by the soapy water. And I took it off when washing dishes and cleaning. Then I took it off when chopping onions because the acid could damage it. But then my finger started to look like this.


So now I take it off every night when I go to sleep. Its hard to be a romantic in the real world.

No comments: