Thursday, March 19, 2009

Clean as a whistle

is how the gynae consultant described my uterus after looking into it with a camera yesterday. No scars, no fibroids, no polyps, nothing out of the usual - completely normal. It seems that it's reasonably common for a scan to show that something is a bit odd but for nothing to be found once the doctors get a real inside look.

So after being told that I might have to wait six months for this procedure it turns out I only had to wait three weeks, which just confirms my previous assessment of the quality of care in the public health system - highly variable.

And I have to say, this was way easier than having the D & C basically because this time I wasn't in the midst of an intense emotional crisis. Although I have to say the anaethetist scared me a little - I ended up concluding that either he had very poor interpersonal skills (mumbling in a monotone and refraining from eye contact as he went over the risks of GA), or that he was going through some kind of personal crisis (he was late to work and everyone was waiting for him before they could start). Given that patients can't really say "OMG is the anaethetist wacked out?" and still expect to get prompt treatment I decided to just cross my fingers and hope that he was just aspergic. I seem to have survived the procedure with few ill effects so I guess he did his job alright.

Anyway, in a burst of unwarranted optimism, I'm thinking that maybe this is the end of the line for me in terms of reproductive crap. Maybe things will just be really easy from here on out. A girl can dream can't she.

No comments: